Searching for photos Hoover Dam? On photoslasvegas.com you also can enjoy photos of the Hoover Dam. The Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River on the border between the states of Nevada and Arizona. It was constructed between 1931 and 1936, during the Depression.
The Dam is a National Historic Landmark and has been rated by the American Society of Civil Engineers as one of America’s Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders. After all these years it is still a “hotspot” to a lot of tourists. Las Vegas is located only 34 miles from the Hoover Dam. If you visit the Grand Canyon you also drive over the Hoover Dam. Make a stop!
Distance Las Vegas to The Hoover Dam
=> Distance 33,4 miles, travel time 41M
Distance Las Vegas to Grand Canyon
=> via I-15 N = distance 252 miles, travel time 3H54M
=> via US-93 S & I-40 E = distance 270 miles, travel time 3H54M
6 Hoover Dam Facts and info
- Boulder Dam was renamed in 1947 to Hoover Dam (President Herbert Hoover)
- More than 100 people died during its construction.
- The construction cost Hoover dam: 49 million dollars (1931).
- Boulder City was built to house the workers
- Lake Mead is the Hoover Dam’s reservoir.
- To build the Hoover Dam they used so many concrete that they could build a highway from east to west coast of the USA?
If you want to know more about the Hoover Dam, click here.
Pictures Hoover Dam
Enjoy these photos of the Hoover Dam. Do you have beautiful pictures of The Hoover Dam and would you like to share them? Please contact me and I will gladly post them here.
Tours to the Hoover Dam
Book online your tour to the Hoover Dam. Don’t forget to send me your great images of the Hoover Dame. Enjoy this Dam and respect Safety Rules.